The Early Bird Catches the Worm
I met this little fellow in Listowel Town Park early one morning last week. He likes to have his breakfast at the table.
Lovely job at The Kennedy Home
William Street Road Works
Signs pointing the way to the free car parks are beginning to appear on our streets. This is in preparation for the upcoming roadworks on William Street when on street parking will be limited.
Here is the low down.
- Work will commence on Monday September 26th 2016.
- Work is expected to last 9 weeks.
- William Street, in 2 phases, will be closed day and night.
- Church Street will be 2 way.
- On street parking on Church Street only on the side of the Garda Station.
- Shops and footpaths on William Street will remain open throughout the upgrade.
- Phase One from Lynch’s Corner to the Market Street junction: Traffic from Market Street will turn left at McKenna’s corner.
- Phase Two from McKenna’s Corner to Charles Street junction: Traffic from Lower William Street will turn left into Market Street.
The whole thing will cost €600,000. Water, Gas and other underground works will all go on at the same time as the road resurfacing. I’m presuming there will be an archaeologist on site. Who knows what they might dig up when they go do delving under our town? Remember they found a well under the road in The Square.
New Kingdom Reopens